SEO Tips for 2018
Lame Was My Website, With The Contents Lacking The Spark Now I Got SEO, And I Am Ready To See The Stars
It’s absolutely NEEDLESS to mention that all you demand for your website are some good Search Engine Rankings.
But do you find ‘Google’ to be stricter than your Boss? In reality, it is not!
You might try to prove me wrong with a maaaaaasive list of Google Algorithms and the stringent-est policies it has come up with.
You might show me the instances where some of the weirdly-beautifully-designed websites- penalized for their endeavors, and all this, just to prove me wrong.
However, I would still favor the boss Google.
And not because I like it personally. It is because Google always wants to fetch the best search results for its users.
So, if you are a website owner, you would be extremely eager to know what the future holds for you.
Also, what should be the most appropriate strategies in terms of ‘Search Engine Optimization’ which you could hit, in order to get the most beneficial outcomes.
Let us help you in this.
The Predictions For 2018
Here, we would put forward some proficient predictions which are said to be the defining point the future of your website SEO. A glimpse of these is as follows:
- UX And Its Probable Role
- Your Site Speed
- RankBrain and Artificial Intelligence
- Schema Markup
- Mobile Applications
- Links From the Authoritative Sites
- Too Thin Contents
- Structured Data
- Social Media And Its Supremacy
Let us see all this in a bit detail:
UX And Its Probable Role:
As I mentioned earlier, Google tends to be more of a “user-obsessed” kind.
Search Results are turning more and more customized and this is what enhances the User Experience (UX).
What does this mean?
It simply means and is predicted too that user experience would play a very big role for a particular website and its content.
And if your website content is not engaging enough, it has sure chances of being denied by the users and the Google (as far as rankings are concerned).
Your Site Speed:
How nice it feels to click a website and get it before your eyes in a fraction of a second.
Against this, would you love a website that takes forever and ever and ever to get loaded?
You understand this and ‘Google’ knows it too.
And as of this, it is predicted that sites with prompt loading rate would get a BETTER PREFERENCE than those who violate this term.
Hyper Text Transfer Protocol should now turn to be HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) as warned by ‘Google’.
This means SSL Certificate would probably be a practical requirement for all the websites, if they wish to achieve better SERP rankings.
RankBrain and Artificial Intelligence:
Google announced the ‘RankBrain’ algorithm and it took the websites by surprise.
While you still do not have an idea of the same, Google has ranked it among the 3 most important ranking factors.
And all due to this, Artificial Intelligence is considered a great thing. Gone are the days when black-hat SEO was an influencer.
And as per predictions, machines would learn the patterns and also decipher the content to offer more reliable and accurate results.
In spite of Google coming up with newer forms of the schema, did you postpone it for later?
If you believe the predictions, the websites with the finest schema implementations would be bestowed the better website rankings in normal Google Search and Knowledge Graph.
It was 21st April 2015 when Google rolled out its mobile-friendly update.
You would have known well how necessary it is to optimize your website for the mobile users, but as per the predictions, you can also expect to see more and more mobile applications ranking.
And this is a sure opportunity in an era when companies are on the track implementing application SEO.
Links From the Authoritative Sites:
Spammy sites, Spammy links, and Spammy all the way.
This is what was normal for most of the websites.
But did you ever get links from the giant authoritative sites? Sooner or later, you got to realize this well enough and the future of linking is not far away from this.
While the future of SEO is still very much dependent on the backlinks, quality holds the key.
Too Thin Contents:
Ask yourself a question: Do you really like a webpage that says nothing?
And as per the obvious answer, why should you think the boss ‘Google’ should like such a page.
It should not, and even the predictions are not away from this thought. These pages with thin contents would do no better than getting faded off.
You use specific vocab to format the HTML and inform the search engines on how to interpret your content- sometimes- how to display it in the Search Engine Result Pages.
And did Google ever ask for this? It didn’t.
Yet, it is predicted that Google would offer benefits to the websites who follow such a procedure.
Social Media And Its Supremacy:
This has already been one big, great, mammoth factor and the trend is predicted to see no signs of its stoppage in the future.
Whether you talk of Facebook live videos or Twitter ‘tweets’, these are turning a great ranking factor.
And with Google accessing the Twitter data again, the tweets would be seen back to the index.
The SEO Strategies For 2018
Having seen the predictions, what could you possibly decipher? Is the road that leads to best outcomes too difficult to track?
Well, it certainly isn’t.
And after the probable possibilities for the future of SEO, here we have brought for you some of the best strategies to achieve results.
- Link Building Strategies
- Content Management
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Optimizing For Voice Search
- Enhancing UX
- Optimizing For Speed
- The Trend To Embed Videos
- Structures Snippets
Are you ready to roll with the details?
Here we go:
Link Building Strategies
Ask yourself a question first:
Can a website do without links? No, since:
- Links are what help you rank
- Links denote contents that deserve to rank
- Links transmit power
- Links transfer trust
- Links allow Google to discover your website
…..and the list could go on and on and on, as endless as ever.
Okay, one more question please:
Do all the links mean similar things? Sorry, but it’s NO again.
And since all the links are not equal, you need to be extremely cautious when you initiate a link building campaign.
Here are some simple, but highly effective link building tips for you:
- Build your backlinks, but ensure that they come from a website which complies with your niche.
- Online communities were and are a great source to gain highly effective backlinks. Make sure you build good backlinks and have an active participation in these online communities.
- Have you tried the testimonial link building strategy? Those who did have feedback-ed it as a win-win element to build customer trust.
- That old-school idea of blogs is still alive, but only if you could keep it updated regularly.
- Directory submission, as you very well know
- A worthy guest post could be good, but only after you use Link Research SEO toolbar to find its LRT Power
- You also need to recover the links with ‘404’
- Keep track of the new links from your competitors
Most importantly, building newer links every single day is just not enough. It’s imperative to mind your backlink profile and bid adieu to the spammy links.
‘Keyword Stuffing’ has been a goner and it’s quite a while to this.
And the fact that your website has only a few seconds the lure the audience, it is essential that the content spells its magical charm, as soon as the visitor encounters a particular page.
For your website, it would crawl to check the major elements such as:
- Title Tag
- H1 Tag
- Description Tag
- Image ALT text
Sounds old? Well, content optimization in terms of all these essential components would never go too old.
What are the new trends then?
Here are some of the latest trends to get the most proficient results with the content on your site:
- Anything less than 2000 words in the content does not sound too interesting to the Google
- All your sources should be cited and backed by stats and studies
- Go for a healthy link profile. It should have appropriate outbound links apart from the internal links
- The old school technique of sectioning your content and making it easy to read is still a big game
- Content is not only the text. It signifies images, slideshows and videos as well
- Focus on solving the problems faced by the people, rather than just giving the instructions
- The content should sound organic and natural, instead of being studded with jargons and flowery language
- Use ‘Google Keyword Planner’ to get an idea of LSI keyword. Use these LSI keywords in your content for better results.
Again, the focus is to offer the customers what they really desire.
As of this, Google would only prefer the websites that satisfy the cravings of the people and you should keep track of this while preparing your content-strategy.
Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
Google announced its Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) project in October 2015 and now, it’s considered a trend for the future.
Why is it so?
Do I need to mention that we are moving to a more mobile-first world? You already know this.
However, do you know what AMP really conveys?
AMP is a highly manageable framework to create speedy-loading mobile web pages.
This open-source framework is designed for the publishers to enhance the speed and the user experience of the mobile websites, without losing any forms of revenues from the ads they undertake.
AMP has 3 basic parts:
- AMP HTML
- AMP CDN (Content Delivery Network)
Nowadays, the website owners are running to adopt AMP and this is due to the following good reasons:
- AMP contributes to the mobile experience of the users and enhances on-site metrics (reducing bounce rate etc.)
- AMP contributes to the loading rate of the sites and turns it the favorite of Google, which in turn ranks such websites higher
Therefore, AMP is certainly a good strategy to bank-on for the websites and the website owners, which is certainly turning a future trend.
Click here to know how to benefit your website with the help of Accelerated Mobile Pages.
Optimizing For Voice Search
How easy it sounds to be when you could just use your natural sound to get the intended outcomes.
Apart from the real world, call it a ‘rank-influencer’ in terms of Search Engine Optimization. The trend of ‘Voice Search’ is an ever-increasing phenomenon and here are some interesting facts relating this:
- As of 2015, there were an estimated 50 billion voice searches, accounting 10 percent of the total.
- In the US, 1 out of every 5 searches in Google Android app is voice search
- Google’s voice search is able to recognize 40 different kinds of languages
- Almost 40 percent of the adults do at least a single voice search every day
- About 20 percent of all the mobile searches are voice searches
You know what, most of the website owners are already aware of this.
The websites which are not reachable by voice searches could lose their rankings quickly.
But is it a worry-thing? Not at all!
Here are some effective website optimization techniques for the voice searches which you could use to get better results:
- You need to claim your Google My Business listing and keep it updated. Voice searches could be local in nature and doing the aforementioned step could enhance your scope
- A conventional keyword strategy could also be a good game
- You could count on the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ or FAQ pages
- Employ structured data markup to offer the voice search devices information relating the website and content
Voice Search is certainly here to stay and as a website owner, you undoubtedly need to think differently in terms of optimizing your website.
As I already mentioned, UX (User Experience) has a big role to play, if you wish to find a suitable enhancement in your website rankings.
And again, this is not so big a deal.
It simply means making your site easier to navigate, use, and get the desired outcomes.
We had already seen previously how good content and less loading time could help to enhance your user experience. Besides these, you could follow certain other steps such as:
- Include a ‘fast site search’ option on each and every page
- For navigation, use of breadcrumbs could be a great idea
- A graphic-rich website could be too luring to watch, but it would increase the loading time of your website
- Divide your website into easy-to-read menus
- Use tags and categories to categorize all your content
- Using pop-up ads on your website could also mar the User Experienc
You see, there is no such rocket science in enhancing the User Experience of your website.
All it needs is a few simple steps mentioned above and a few others to get yourself rolling in terms of rankings, on the search engine result pages.
Optimizing For Speed:
Is it a thing to be informed?
It was and it is an utter obligation to determine the areas of your website which need improvement in terms of speed.
As per the newest trends, you could use certain tools such as Page Speed Insight from Google, which would help you significantly in improving your visibility.
Apart from this, some other areas which you need to consider in order to improve your website rankings are:
- Improving the response time of the servers
- Using compressions such as GZip
- Using browser caching to foster the speed of the pages
- Use of tools such as compressor.io to optimize your images
The Trend To Embed Videos
Literally, the trend to use videos to promote your website is on a boom.
As per a survey, about 80 percent of the online traffic would be made up of online videos by the year 2021.
Yes, a whopping 80 percent.
Also, as per the HubSpot– 43 percent of the people have a craving to see more and more videos, in spite of already so much of the lingering video content.
What could you do?
Well, nowadays you do not need a DSLR to prepare a good video. Just your smartphone and a stand, and you are ready to capture the world.
Okay. The video made! Now, what to do?
YouTube it. YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world and it is one of the most rapid-advancing ones.
With this, you could definitely aim to grab the interests of the visitors and rank well.
Apart from this, you could embed the videos into the text-based blogs. They want videos- you serve videos.
No wonder, you get a real-time boost in your rankings from the boss- Google.
So these are what are the most popular trends for SEO in 2018. You might be acquainted with these, but you need to implement these. And you no doubt, the best SEO services and agencies of the world are always there to assist you.
Implement these and do tell the changes and their effects which you encountered in the process.
Apart from this, if you got any better ideas for our readers, I would be waiting for your comments.